Strengthening Public Safety Communication
This course trains Public Safety Telecommunicators how best to handle 911 calls about sexual and domestic violence, particularly from the vantage point of college campuses.
By examining the specific role that 911 Call Handlers play in calls involving domestic violence, sexual assault, and acquaintance rape, this course teaches PSAPs how to create a safer environment for both domestic violence victims and for law enforcement responders dispatched to the scene.
This course also covers liability exposure for PSAPs and Call Handlers including negligent call handling of domestic violence and sexual assault calls as well as methods used to prepare for courtroom testimony and the tactics used by defense counsel to discredit a Telecommunicator’s testimony.
Studies show that one in four college women report unwanted sexual contact sometime during college. A college’s public safety personnel are often the first to hear of such incidents. This course is designed to facilitate stronger communication between the caller, Call Handler and law enforcement in such incidents.
- The Dynamics of Domestic Violence
- Tactics for Handling the Domestic Violence Call
- Sexual Assault and Acquaintance Rape
- Courtroom Testimony
Classroom or OnlineThis course can be taken either in the classroom or online.
- Classroom training is delivered at host agencies across the U.S.
- Online certification can be taken anytime and brings the same learning experience to your desktop. Learn more about eLearning, or register now using the Find a Class button below.
Fees & Discounts
To Register for the Sexual and Domestic Violence on College Campuses Course, Call Your Account Representative at