The leader in police communications training has taken law enforcement dispatch training to a whole new level.
An alarming number of police officers are injured or killed prior to the arrest phase. A properly trained emergency call taker can help protect these officers, as well as preserve evidence and assist victims.
PowerPhone’s Law Enforcement Dispatch (LED) program teaches operators to effectively handle emergency law enforcement calls by following a simple formula to gather and share the most important information fast and with accuracy. It’s an essential component of PowerPhone’s Total Response® system.
Find a class using the Advanced Class Search to the right, or call 203.245.8911 to learn more.
- Structured information gathering
- Journalistic investigative approach
- Identifying gunshots
- Liability and legal issues
- Assault, robbery and domestic violence
- Motor vehicle accidents and stops
- Response prioritization
- Roles and responsibilities
- Dispatch recommendations
- Pre-arrival instructions
- Common call types
- Learn the call-taker’s role in protecting and serving the public and responders
- Understand agency and individual ways to reduce liability in the communication center
- Apply crisis intervention strategies to deal with suicide callers, hostage situations, workplace violence and domestic violence
- Examine current issues facing 911 as a result of new terrorist threats and homeland security initiatives
- Understand barriers to good listening and tactics for handling difficult callers
Classroom or OnlineThis police dispatcher training course can be taken either in the classroom or online.
- Classroom training is delivered at host agencies across the US.
- Online certification can be taken anytime and brings the same learning experience to your desktop. Learn more about eLearning, or click the Find a Class button below to register.
CertificationUpon successful completion of curriculum, graduates receive a two-year certification from PowerPhone in Law Enforcement Dispatch. This certification distinguishes your skill level within the industry and improves the standard of care you offer to both callers and responders. An optional Telecommunicator-CPR certification is available at no additional charge. Learn more about our T-CPR certification here.
Fees & Discounts
$359 per student. Volume discounts available.