Gain choice and control over dispatcher education with PowerPhone’s eLearning Training Options.
PowerPhone certification training in Police, Fire and Emergency Medical Dispatch can now be done in an online environment – with the same material and learning objectives as our classroom-based learning.
DispatchU eLearning offers the same unsurpassed curriculum designed by top 911 experts, combined with highly interactive courses that encourage learning and participation.
Find a class using the Advanced Class Search to the right, or call 203.245.8911 to learn more about our online workshops.
The Online Certification Process
All students follow the same path to achieving PowerPhone’s Total Response® certification.
- Foundation Class– Learn our principles for effective crisis communication and be introduced to the PowerPhone Formula for emergency call handling, the foundation for the Total Response® system.
Note: Students certifying in multiple disciplines need only take the Foundation class once in a two-year period.
- Theory Class – Gain skills for effective information gathering, and learn protocol-specific methodology.
- Practicum Session – Get real-time, interactive, telephone-based training with PowerPhone faculty. This is the practical application of the skills learned in the Foundation and Theory classes, and includes protocol-based role-play to assess and validate call-handling skills.
The minimum technical requirements for DispatchU eLearning are:
- Email account
- High-speed Internet connection
- Internet browser (Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome)
- Speakers, Flash player and Adobe Reader
- Telephone (speakerphone if multiple students) for Practicum session
Due to the Flash requirement, this class is not compatible with iOS devices (yet!).
What to Expect in an eLearning Course
More eLearning Resources
In January 2013, we conducted the first national eLearning survey to gauge the 911 industry’s interest in online education.
Explore our eLearning Resource page to download the survey results and view the slides and recording from the associated sold-out webinar.