Domestic Violence Intervention
Make a difference on the next domestic violence call you handle.
PowerPhone’s bestselling Domestic Violence Intervention workshop arms telecommunicators with the latest tactics for handling these incredibly volatile and complex incidents.
You’ll learn what questions to ask and what instructions to give when faced with different types of domestic violence calls. Plus, you’ll benefit from an in-depth look at courtroom testimony and how it might impact you as the first person to respond to a call for help.
By attending PowerPhone’s Domestic Violence Intervention class, you’ll gain the confidence and skills you need to protect victims and responding officers.
- Role-playing exercises
- Essentials of courtroom testimony
- Defense tactics to discredit witnesses
- Public opinions of domestic violence
- Definition of domestic violence
- Characteristics of battered victims
- Abusive relationships
- Cultural/religious differences
- Language barriers
- Cycle of violence
- Restraining orders
- Children and domestic violence
- Legal issues
- Abandoned calls