Make every second count when you’re faced with a fast-moving incident.
From college campuses to workplace violence to mall shootings, the active shooter is a unique challenge for law enforcement agencies – and not just for the officers who respond to the scene. 911 calls from frightened victims and bystanders are a reality that telecommunicators will continue to be faced with.
Updated with the latest January 2013 FBI statistics, PowerPhone’s Active Shooting Response class is designed to specifically address the role of the public safety telecommunicator in handling these incidents. When you’re faced with an active shooting incident, you’ll be armed with knowledge that can help save lives. You’ll explore the mentality and motivations of the active shooter and build a solid knowledgebase that will help you when handling calls.
- Profiling the active shooter
- Five origins of active shootings
- Pre-arrival survival instructions
- Gathering vital intelligence for responders
- Five phases of the active shooter
- Communicating with an active shooter
- Immediate Action Rapid Deployment (IARD) tactics
- Workplace violence
- School shootings
- Containment plans
- Safe environment
- ICS in active shootings
- Critical incident stress debriefings