Make every second count during a
fast-moving, active shooting incident.
From college campuses to workplace violence to mall shootings, the active shooter is a unique challenge for law enforcement agencies – and not just for the officers who respond to the scene. 911 calls from frightened victims and bystanders are a reality that call handlers will continue to face.
Updated with the latest FBI statistics, PowerPhone’s Active Shooting Response class addresses the role of the public safety call handler in these incidents.
Learn more about this topic on our Active Shooter Response resource page.
- Profiling the active shooter
- Five origins of active shootings
- Pre-arrival survival instructions
- Gathering vital intelligence for responders
- Five phases of the active shooter
- Communicating with an active shooter
- Immediate Action Rapid Deployment (IARD) tactics
- Workplace violence
- School shootings
- Containment plans
- Safe environment
- ICS in active shootings
- Critical incident stress debriefings
- Understand the mentality and motivations of the active shooter
- Gain knowledge to help save lives
Classroom or OnlineThis course can be taken either in the classroom or online.
- Classroom training is delivered at host agencies across the U.S.
- Online certification can be taken anytime and brings the same learning experience to your desktop. Learn more about eLearning, or register now using the Find a Class button below.