Learn how to reduce your agency’s exposure to legal actions and manage your risks.
Liability is a reality in today’s dispatch center. Every time you handle an emergency call, you create a log and journal that is admissible in a court of law, just like a police report.
As an emergency call handler, you are on the front line. PowerPhone’s 911 Liability class will show you how to protect yourself – and your agency – from costly legal action.
- Measuring standards of care
- Good Samaritan statutes
- Public duty doctrine
- Sovereign immunity
- Vicarious liability
- Recent 911 court cases
- Principle of reasonableness
- Emergency rule
- Caller confidentiality
- Misconceptions of liability
- The future of 911 liability
- Recognize actions that increase liability exposure
- Identify areas of risk
- Defend against negligence
- Reduce your agency’s liability
Classroom or OnlineThis course can be taken either in the classroom or online.
- Classroom training is delivered at host agencies across the U.S.
- Online certification can be taken anytime and brings the same learning experience to your desktop.